- Floating Wetlands – We installed a new floating wetland prototype as part of our Waterfront Campus. Learn how these wetlands are transforming Baltimore’s Inner Harbor!
- Pinecone Fish – Three pinecone fish have been added to the Sensing exhibit!
- World Rivers Day – World Rivers Day–a global celebration of the Earth’s waterways and the life they support. Celebrate by learning about river deltas!
- Cephalopods – Arms or Tentacles? – Celebrating Cephalopod Awareness Week by looking at the difference between arms and tentacles.
- World Octopus Day – Celebrating World Octopus Day by sharing some of our favorite octopus facts.
- Falling for Fall Farmer’s Markets – It’s National Farmers Day and we’re celebrating by bringing you a few tips for making the most of your local farmers markets during the fall season.
- Baltimore’s Famous Birds – Today we’re celebrating Baltimore’s incredible birds. In addition to being iconic mascots for our local sports teams, orioles and ravens are also native species!
- Celebrate Hagfish Day – We’re celebrating Hagfish Day by showing you just how interesting and unique the hagfish is–despite its appearance!
- Reptile Roundup – It’s Reptile Awareness Day, so we’re celebrating some of the unique reptiles that can be found in our Australia: Wild Extremes exhibit!
- It’s Jellyfish Day! – It’s Jellyfish Day – celebrate by learning about a few of the jellies that can be found in our Jellies Invasion exhibit!
- How to Compost Your Pumpkins – Halloween night is scary, but even more frightening is the fact that millions of pumpkins end up in the trash every November.
- Items You Didn’t Know You Could Recycle – Today is America Recycles Day, and we’re celebrating by investigating some items you may not know are recyclable!
- Species Spotlight: Banggai Cardinalfish – Learn more about what makes Banggai Cardinalfish unique!
- Animal Update: Blue Crabs – Two blue crabs have been added to our Tidal Marsh exhibit!
- Species Spotlight: Tarantula – Have no fear! Tarantulas are more cool than creepy.
- Species Spotlight: Green Honeycreeper – If you look closely, you might spot our new green honeycreeper in Upland Tropical Rain Forest!
- Animal Update: Purple Striped Jellies – Two purple striped jellies have been added to our Jellies Invasion exhibit!
- Animal Update: Reef Scorpionfish – Two reef scorpionfish have been added to our Surviving Through Adaptation exhibit!
- Lauren Hartman Joins National Aquarium as Public Relations Manager – (Baltimore) – The National Aquarium is pleased to announce Lauren Hartman as its new Public Relations Manager. Hartman previously served as the Senior Public Relations Specialist at WeddingWire.
- National Aquarium Names Colleen Halley as Director of Grant Partnerships – (Baltimore) – The National Aquarium is pleased to announce Colleen Halley as its new Director of Grants Partnerships. She previously served as the Associate Director for the Vermont Public Interest Research Group (VPIRG).